Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Lucky Is Coming Your Way"...

On Friday night Abigail and Annah went to a birthday party/sleepover and Jacob was home alone with us. We decided that we would take him to our local Chinese Restaurant for dinner. It was a fun time....all the way down to the fortune cookies.....



Are they poking pandas? :)



Ahh, the fortune cookie.... we all picked a cookie and were anxious to read our fortunes. Jacob and I had pretty ordinary ones but Tim's was good! So good, in fact, I took a picture of it...


We think the fortune cookie writers need some grammar lessons! We THINK it was SUPPOSED to read, "LUCK is coming your way!" :) We like the thought of luck coming his way with chemo and radiation treatments beginning bright and early Monday morning!
So, with Lucky coming his way we decided we would go looking for Lucky......



We found Lucky in Walmart! :) So Tim's fortune cookie fortune came true! Perhaps now luck WILL be coming his way.

While looking for Lucky in Walmart we also found some friends....The Darby's and the McElroys! How lucky was that? ;)














Oh, and we took a picture outside of the Chinese restaurant. Yup, you guessed it....
my head got cut off!
*Just to let you know, we don't really believe in "luck". We believe in things happening for the purposes that are to be accomplished by a loving Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ. We may not understand the purposes but we have placed our trust in them.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Luckily we don't have to depend on luck but as luck would have it, we are thinking alike. My Tim and I ate Chinese today too!!!

Julie said...

Loretta, I loved this blog. It made me laugh...Tim finding Lucky(charms) at Walmart. But taking pictures of the friends you see at Walmart is just THE most hilarious. I have seen your old self in your last few blogs. That has been a welcome sight.
And may I add that I also crack up that you KEEP trying to take pictures of you and Tim, and you cut yourself off. But you never give up. You are too much. I sooo enjoy your blogs.