Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Beginnings.....












This afternoon the kids and I made gumdrop trees to start off the Christmas season. (thanks for the idea, Natalie!) We all were involved -- Abigail ate more candy than she put on her tree, Annah did the biggest tree, while I did a medium and a small sized one and Jacob had the job of cutting toothpicks in half for us. Oh, Tim helped too.... he napped the whole time. :)
My sister sent me a make it yourself Christmas arrangement! She sent various pine branches, a basket lined with plastic, a piece of oasis to put the pine branches in, and pine cone and holly berry picks. It was quite clever! I put it together and it holds a place of honor -- next to the gumdrop trees -- on a table in the entryway. :) Thanks, Cretta! It smells like Christmas already. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Gumdrop trees! What a great idea- I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

You are in the swing of things! I love those trees and the basket of greenery! Looking a lot like Christmas around there! We had our tree set up before we left for CA and put some ornaments on it today. There sure is a feeling of the season when you start getting that stuff done. Tomorrow, outdoor lights!

Anonymous said...

Had to add one more thing, the "please" sign in the background, Still asking for a puppy???