Saturday, November 8, 2008

Food For Thought.....

"For years we have been counseled to have on hand a year’s supply of food. Yet there are some today who would not start storing until the Church comes out with a detailed monthly home storage program. Now suppose that never happens? We still cannot say we have not been told.

"Should the Lord decide at this time to cleanse the Church…a famine in this land of one year’s duration could wipe out a large percentage of slothful members, including some ward and stake officers. Yet we cannot say we have not been warned." (Harold B. Lee, Welfare Meeting, October Conference, 1966)

“We want you to be ready with your personal storehouses filled with at least a year’s supply. You don’t argue why it cannot be done; you just plan to organize and get it done.” (Spencer W. Kimball, Aug 1976)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No better words spoken, and look at all the time we have had! Not sure we have much more given today's economy. I sure don't want to be caught empty handed. Hey, by the way, did you find any canning supplies?

Anonymous said...

Oh, i forgot to mention, I never saw your comment about lava rock???

Anonymous said...

I don't know what happened to my comment about the cows grazing on lava rock...It sent from my end!
I wasn't able to find the pressure canner as we talked about -- they only had the pressure cooker. I know they had them before but I guess now they are gone. We did get some things so that has given me a boost but no canning things yet.