Monday, October 6, 2008

What Bit Me????

So something bit me. I wished it was the "cleaning bug" or the organizing bug" but it wasn't. I still don't know what it was......

Saturday night, while I was sleeping, I felt an itchy spot on my neck. While rubbing at it I felt a stinging sensation so I thought I scratched too hard. I didn't get up, I just went back to sleep. When I got up Sunday morning I had a red welt on the left side of my neck that was about an inch long and about a half inch wide. It looked kind of like I got burned with a curling iron. I didn't think much of it but did remember the itchy then stinging sensation I had had during the night. All was well until Sunday evening when I realized that the whole left side of my neck was very tender to the touch. It is almost like the pain of having swollen glands although my glands aren't swollen and I have no sore throat. Tonight (Monday) I am getting light bruising around the welt and I am feeling more pain in the same area but I am feeling it now when I turn my head or lift my chin up. I am beginning to think that I need this checked out so this evening I went to the Urgent Treatment Center but wouldn't you know it, they were closed by the time I got there. I have decided that I am going to go over there in the morning (before work) and get this checked out because if wait to call the doctor's office I won't be able to get there until late afternoon and I am getting too antsy about this to wait that long. Stay tuned for the mystery question, "What bit Loretta?" :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I anxiously await the rest of the story. You should take a picture of this bite! ha ha