Years ago I kept a list of "Things That Make Me Happy". Although I still think on the things that make me happy, it's been a long time since I've actually written them. I decided it was time for me to do just that -- list the things that make me happy. These are my first 10, in no particular order....
1. Purring cats
2. Laughing -- "I love to laugh - HA HA HA HA" (from Mary Poppins)
3. Crisp, crunchy apples
4. Making chocolate chip cookies and having the kids beg to eat the dough
5. Hearing the kids at the dinner table say, "Thanks for dinner, Mom!"
6. Helping my girls experiment with different hair styles
7. Jacob's origami creations
8. Autumn days
9. Finding notes that the girls have written to each other
I am Loretta..wife to Tim and mom to 6 great kids. Tim (the younger), Andrew, Jordan, Jacob, Abigail and Annah and mother-in-law to Lisa and McKenna and grandmother to two grandsons, August Samuel born in September 2015 and Mackson Timothy David born in March 2016!
Tim and I have been married for 31 years and have lived in central Kentucky for over 20 years. Cancer invaded our lives in December 2008 when Tim was diagnosed with base of tongue cancer but in spite of it, we are still a happy and thriving family! I am grateful for my life, all we have come through, all we are going through and all that is yet to come because I believe, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."