Monday, October 20, 2008

An Early Day.....

My day began a bit too early for my liking but it is back to school after a week long fall break. I enjoy the days of no school both for the kids and for myself. It frees us from the rigors of a set bedtime, setting out clothes for the approaching day, setting alarm clocks to shake us from our slumber. But, back to school it is. My only reprieve is that I don't go to work at the school until 10 so I have a few hours to myself in a quiet house. No matter that my time alone is spent getting laundry done, doing the morning dishes and straightening a messy house that I was too sleepy to do last night after a marathon phone call to my best friend. :) My time taking care of our home is well spent. I am happy to do it -- happy to have the time to do it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those marathon phone calls, where we run out of batteries on ALL our phones so we hang up only 'cause we have to!!!

AND, I love that picture of your sister's crystals. But the photographer captured it so nicely!