Thursday, August 6, 2009

Food Fight...

Tim has been fighting with food for a while now. By fighting I mean that he WANTS to be able to eat it but he has struggled to do so.

While he does still have his feeding tube, the good news is that he is able to try things little by little with the help of a speech therapist who spoils him with enticing lunches when he goes for his appointments! She is a vegetarian and tries hard to convince him of the benefits of veggies, yogurt and the like. I say, good luck with that! :)
We were all surprised when Tim came home one day with potato chips! Watching the events of the last 7 months unfold, I can tell you, as can Tim, that this is a huge milestone!




NEED WATER.....













Ahhhh....




















WHEW!!!!

















Full and satisfied....
for a minute!




All kidding (pictures) aside, Tim is enjoying getting to try different foods again. He still has his feeding tube but it is a really huge accomplishment for him to once again sit down at the table with us for dinner even if the amount that he eats is small. It is the fact that he CAN sit with us and feel a part of the family again in a way that he hasn't been able to do for months.
It is a wonderful thing. We are keeping our fingers crossed that in another month Tim will be tube free!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Congratulations! I cannot even imagine not eating, though my figure says I should try!!! ha ha

Ladysam said...

That is awesome! I am so glad he can joke about it! To me, not being able to eat is NO JOKING MATTER! Bring on the food! ;OP