Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Déjà vu....

Last Saturday we made our annual pilgrimage for shoes. It happens to coincide with the start of school. :) Tim needed dress shoes for church and Jacob needed new sneakers for school and also dress shoes for church. Abigail was just along for the ride since had gotten shoes earlier because she needed sneakers for her summer adventures to Girls Camp and Youth Conference. Annah needed sneakers.

From year to year I forget the struggle it is to go shoe shopping for Annah. I don't know HOW I can forget but it is not until we are in the shoe store and trying on 23 pairs of shoes and NONE of them are right in style, color, size or fit that I have déjà vu. I groan as the memory comes into focus and I murmur about why I didn't remember to start 2 weeks earlier because the pressure is on now to get shoes bought with school only days away.

Tim and Jacob started right away on their "man hunt" for shoes and within 15 minutes they came to show off their prize finds -- no struggles, no hassles, no grumpy faces and no complaints that in a store filled with hundreds of shoes "I can't find any I like!" Nope...the guys were good. They found what they came for an were ready to move on....to the car!

We were not so lucky with Annah. She tried to hunt but size selection and styles foiled her attempt more times than I could count. Although she was getting more impatient by the minute (as were we!) she persisted and FINALLY found something suitable.....






Waiting on Annah....








Victory!!!!

She was finally able to find ONE pair of shoes that she was willing to bond with. She loved them, they loved her and they lived happily ever after....until she outgrows them.

I think I am going to Google how to bind her feet like they did anciently in China so she won't outgrow them!!

2 comments:

Patty said...

She is most definitely a girl!!!

singingrae said...

Ha ha! Love that school shopping. Always a challenge when you've got a deadline.
Hope you guys have had a great summer. By the looks of things, it has been great. :)