The folks at work were gathering bits of advice for a young lady's bridal shower tonight. Loretta asked me to share my contribution, so here it is:
Tim’s Home Recipe
- Hold hands often
- Remember, yelling won't win an argument or inspire a child
- Leave a hand written note where your spouse will find it
- Always refer to things as OUR money, OUR home, OUR kids
- Watch John and Kate plus 8, then don't act like Kate... or John
- Men are not mind readers, if we don't know what you're thinking, it does not mean we don't love you
- Get down in the dirt with your kids
- Never ridicule your spouse
- Don't discuss intimate things with friends or family
- Don't accept bad behavior as 'normal', we all need to be corrected occasionally
- Pray together every night, have a ‘Family Night’ every week
- There will be obstacles in your path, love each other enough to overcome them together, always.
- Make God a central part of your family, worship together.
Please add some of your own, I would love to see some of your own recipes! ~Tim~