Thursday, July 16, 2009

Clock Watcher...

Summer seems to be flying by so fast. I want it to slow down and let me enjoy it just a little bit longer.

Before I know it school supplies will beckon to us to buy them and new shoes will find a home in the kid's closet....or on their floor, or in the hallway.
Before I know it I will be back to work each day; once again longing for the weekend to hurry and come. And before I know it we will be seeing Jordan off to Brazil for his mission.


I will miss the summer. I will miss going to the pool and reading or napping --whatever suits me at the time. I will miss being home. I will miss being with the kids.


I will turn into a clock watcher once again -- time for bed, time to wake up, time to bring kids to school, time to get kids from school, time to do homework, time for Jordan to leave for Brazil.
Oh I will miss the ease of summer, the unstructured days, the bare feet, Jordan's presence.
But, just as much as I will miss the summer I know that I will be enchanted by the fall.

In the meantime I will cling to my summer days, take a few more pictures, take a few more naps in the sun and give Jordan extra hugs.














2 comments:

Patty said...

Awww, why'd you have to make me cry?

Mariah said...

I agree totally with the summer going way to fast! I can't believe school starts back in 3 1/2 weeks! i also can't believe Jordan is old enough to go on a mission! I remember teaching him in primary and thinking how cute and shy he was!