Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More Signs of Spring....


This past Saturday the weather was so beautiful -- sunny, breezy, and warm but not too uncomfortable. We ran some errands, took care of a few things around the house and I sat with Tim while he had his lunch on the patio :) and he dozed off in the breeze. It was such a lovely day.

Adding to the loveliness of the day was seeing my first Lily of the Valley bloom. I had been waiting for them. Their slender, brilliant green leaves have been above ground for weeks now and I worried that the flowers decided to take the this spring off but to my surprise the lone Lily of the Valley was triumphant!
I do cherish the signs of new life..and the sweet smell of Lily of the Valley. :)


2 comments:

Debbi said...

Oh I love the smell of lily of the valley. I only wish that I had thought of those flowers when Bill and I had planted flowers last weekend. Spring is such a wonderful time of year....the scents, the colors, the sense of a new beginning. Spring brings so much with it!!
Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Jackie said...

okay- I have no idea how best to answer the question you left me on my blog- but here I am leaving a completely unrelated comment in your comment box! Matt is the Elder's Quorum Pres. He got that calling about 2 months after being in our ward. It is has been really good for him and us and he does a wonderful job! Hope all is well. Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!