Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mercies and Miracles...

"I delight in the Lord's mercies and miracles. I know that His tender mercies and His miracles, large and small, are real. They come in His way and on His timetable. Sometimes it is not until we have reached our extremity. Jesus's disciples on the Sea of Galilee had to toil in rowing against a contrary wind all through the night before Jesus finally came to their aid. He did not come until the "fourth watch," meaning near dawn. Yet He did come. (See Mark 6:45-51.) My testimony is that miracles do come, though sometimes not until the fourth watch."
~Susan W. Tanner~
"My Soul Delighteth in the Things of the Lord," Ensign, May 2008, 83

2 comments:

BJ Cox said...

Thanks for the updates on Tim. Your family is an inspiration to us. We love you and continue to pray for you.
Tim's testimony was so beautiful today. His strength uplifts our entire ward.
Oh, and have I ever mentioned that the 2 of you remind me of my parents? Well, you do, and I love you all the more for it. :)

BJ Cox said...

P.S. This is actually Rachel, typing on BJ's computer. :)