Saturday, August 16, 2014

You lost how much?

About 5 years ago I received a package in the mail from my mother who was residing in a nursing home in New York. A key detail of the story is that at the time my mother had lost some weight.  

Wondering what she sent to me, I opened the package to find a note that said, "I thought you could use these since they don't fit me anymore."

Still wondering what she sent I continued opening the package to find about 4 or 5 pairs of HER UNDERWEAR that no longer fit her!!!  I held them up and they were about 3 sizes bigger than me. 

First I was outraged! Her UNDERWEAR???  

Then I was insulted! Just how big did she think I am???

Then I was mad AND insulted.

Then I called my sister and shared the underwear story.

Then we both laughed and laughed!

So what does this story have to do with anything? 

Well, since last December I have been working on losing some weight. My progress is slow but that is how I want it. I don't want to shed the pounds fast only to have them find me again a few months later. 

Since December I have lost 35 lbs. I am happy with my progress, slow as it is. I recently shared my weight loss progress with my sister and a few days later I got a card from her in the mail....Heads up: my sister is spelling challenged -- she knows it and I know it and I love her anyway. Now you know it so be kind and don't judge. :)  

The card....
 

Inside the card....

That is actually a picture of my sister, Cretta, getting ready for a
 4th of July parade where she was a clown passing out candy to kids!!  BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Too funny! 
This card is a keeper for sure...it's perfect...spelling and all!

3 comments:

Dotti said...

That is too funny! I remember the underwear thing too!

ionamin-W8FW8 said...

Just read this post, Loretta! Very funny! AND congraTulations on your weight loss...that is truly an accomplishment!

ionamin-W8FW8 said...

Oh, forgot to include my name with my comment...Diane J.