Saturday, May 21, 2011

Missing....

Life has been just a tad hectic lately.  There are just so many things that need doing and not enough time in a day to get them done.  Most days I feel like I am on overload.

Thursday I had a "To Do" list that was 2 pages long.

How can this be? 

At one time we had 6 kids all at home and I don't think that life was this busy with all of them home.  Maybe it was and I just don't recall.  What I do know is that now we are down to 3 at home and I feel like I can't keep up very well. 

Back to Thursday.....I broke my To Do list into two sections -- things that I needed to do right after work (I have been working a long term substitute teacher assistant job for the past 3 weeks or so and it will continue until school lets out on June 3rd) and things that I needed to do once I was back home. 

My To Do list right after work looked like this....
  • Get Gas
  • Go to Annah's school to get booklet on hygiene and puberty class she has next week (ya gotta know what the school is planning with that topic!!!)
  • Go to Kroger and order wrist corsage for Jacob for prom
  • Go to bank -- make deposit & get $$ from ATM
My last stop on the list was the bank.  I went to the drive thru and made the deposit then looped around the building and went to the ATM. While at the ATM I was talking to Tim on my cell phone.  I went through the motions at the machine and went on my way.  Once home I finished all the rest of the stuff that lingered on my To Do list and later that evening I couldn't find my ATM card. 

Hmmmm....  Retracing my steps in my mind I remembered slipping my card in my pocket to go into Kroger...but no, I went to the ATM machine AFTER that so I didn't lose it at Kroger.  I began to think that I left my debit card IN the ATM.  UGH!  That's a bad feeling. 

I went to the bank Friday after school and asked if they, by chance, had my card.  By then I was hoping that I DID leave it in the ATM and that it got sucked into the machine and not taken by the next person in line at the ATM.  They had yet to empty the ATM on Friday so they told me I would have to come back in the late afternoon to see if they had my card. 

I returned to the bank later and held my breath while they looked up my card to see if it was indeed snatched my the machine.  I was so relieved when she said they had the card!  Yeeesssss!  :) 

As I signed to get my card back (and there was a looonngg list of cards so there obviously I wasn't the only one) I said,  "I am so happy and relieved that my card was found!  I was getting worried about where it was!" 

I paused and then added,
"Now, you don't by chance have my cell phone, do you?" 

BWHAHAHAHAHA! 

Yes, my cell in now MIA.  I'm pretty sure that it didn't get sucked into the ATM but you just never know.

1 comment:

Diane J. said...

Well, Loretta, these things happen to all of us when we have a million things to do and try to multi-task our way through them! You know you're not alone. But I hope your phone turns up.