Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Again....














I have been somewhat neglectful of my blog lately. I say somewhat because while I haven't posted much, I have THOUGHT about it so I think that qualifies my "somewhat" :)

While I have been away from the blog spring has begun to wake up the world around me. The bare trees are beginning to take on the slightest hint of green as tiny buds form and swell. In passing I've seen daffodils nodding their heads in approval of the warming temperatures. Grass is greening while flowers are poised to bloom when Mother Nature gives her signal. Ahh, spring. :)

And while I have been away from my blog days have marched on putting even more distance between us and cancer. I think that spring will forever remind me of our journey on the cancer road. While it was winter when the diagnosis and treatment came, it was spring when the healing began. Somehow that is so fitting.

In cancer terms doctors measure time from the end of treatment, not when the diagnosis was made. Tim's treatment ended last March -- a whole year ago. At the time it felt as though a year would never pass. In many ways it felt paralyzing, as though we couldn't move beyond it. But, that was 365 days ago. Many things have changed between then and now. Perhaps the biggest change is the eyes through which our trial is viewed. We are most grateful for the blessings, even miracles, that we have seen during the last year.

Today Tim goes for another CT scan. It's the one that commemorates his one year mark since the end of treatment. Test times always come with anxiety. I know of no way to take that away -- it just is. So today we pray for a calm heart, and a trusting heart.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth..." Psalm 28:7







1 comment:

Heather (Paralyzed with JOY!) said...

I hope everything goes well at Tim's appointment! I'm sure that the time has gone slowly and quickly at the same time. At least, that's the way I felt in my first year after my accident.