Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"Don't make us have more kids..."

Several nights ago we tried to herd the kids into the living room for prayer...

They weren't exactly cooperative. Someone always has "something" that will take "just a minute" (said in a exasperated tone of voice!) and when one decides to say that, it is license for the others to follow. The thought process is, "Oh, he or she is not coming yet so *I* don't have to come either." And so it goes....most every night.

That night as Tim and I waited in the living room pleading with them to come for prayer Tim called out,

"Don't make us have to have more kids to try to get some obedient ones!"

BWHAHAHAHA!

He's a very funny man! I do love being married to that funny man!



4 comments:

Marissa said...

I always loved his sense of humor. It's almost like if you're not really paying attention you wouldn't realize he's telling a joke... but if you're listening and you catch him he's hilarious! This made me laugh out loud. Good one.

Mariah said...

I love it!! I would use it on my kids but they would probably just say "ok, go ahead!" hahaha

Call Family said...

Love the picture of you two...seems to capture the love that is so evident and plentiful in your marriage! You two are such great parents, you could have 10 more and do just fine :)

Debbi said...

Too funny Loretta. About that "funny man" I think he found the perfect match with you being a very "funny lady".
I too love that picture of you and Tim. One can certainly see the love that you two have for each other.