Monday, September 28, 2009

One Year Ago Today....

Today is my anniversary.

It was a year ago today that I began my blog. Little did I know that my "little life" would be expanded in ways far beyond my comprehension.

What began with me writing just for fun about the kids and everyday things of life turned into my therapy as we were confronted with Tim's cancer diagnosis.




My blog became the place where my deepest feelings found a voice. It is the place where the sorrow that our family grappled with came into focus. It is the place where that same sorrow gave way to hope and gratefulness for what we have in spite of the burning trials. It is the place that I have shared scriptures that have eased my pain and given me hope. My blog has been my lifeline in many ways.

That said, I have been absent from blogging for a few weeks. I've gotten email from some wondering where I was and asking why I have been AWOL. Let me assure that all is well. Life has just been tugging a little too hard and in too many directions so some things had to be put on hold for a while and unfortunately my "therapy" was on that "hold" list.


But all is well.


So a year has come and gone and my "little life" has been enlarged in more ways than could have ever been imagined. But more importantly, my heart has been enlarged in the process.


Psalm 119:32

"I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart."

1 comment:

Patty said...

Got that Little River Band song going through my head, "Happy Anniversary, baby, got you on my mi....ind!"