Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Oh Fall, You Don't Disappoint!


It's my favorite time of year again when the air is cool, the mornings crisp, and the leaves dance on the wind. I miss my childhood home the most in autumn. Upstate New York is a glorious place to take in the autumn colors and watch summer fade. I have fond memories of Eagle Mills Cider Mill where I often watched apples being pressed into cider before my eyes and where they gave cider samples in small paper cups that chased down the homemade donuts we'd buy while we were there. I can't think of autumn without being reminded of where I came from. 

Now where I come from autumn is slower to release the summer and depending on the conditions, we might not get the glorious display of colors that live in my memory from when I was young. And sometimes, every now and then, we also get a rose in November. Who can complain about a November rose? 


Oh fall, you just never disappoint! 











While sifting through pictures on my phone that I wanted to use for this post I came across a picture that was taken back on August 21st, the day of the eclipse. It made me laugh out loud when I saw it. I just HAD to use it somewhere so mixed in with fall we have this....
In the haze of the eclipse it distorted Annah's shadow...HA! HA!:D

No comments: