Friday, November 1, 2013

Hello Fall and Goodbye Cow

The cool of the fall air is one of my favorite things. I also love the color changes that happen before my eyes as greens give way to flashes of red, hints of yellow and muted orange. I love the wardrobe changes that take me from capris and light weight shirts to jeans and fuzzy socks.  I savor the first cup of hot chocolate of the season ~ a steamy mug warming my hands as marshmellows melt away. The cool weather and the ever inching closer chances for snow make me happy. :)




Our entry way table sums up my love of fall....

And with fall coming on I am hoping that this guy finds another parking place for his mug...like in a barn somewhere where he can't peer in my window each time he walks by!

At the risk of sounding crazy, I swear to you this cow does this all. the. time. He will be walking down the field, either with a group of his cow friends or just by himself, and will stop and turn his head to look at me! I am not even kidding! The girls thought I was was crazy when I told them about it months ago but they have since witnessed this white faced cow doing exactly what I said -- stopping to look at me in the window each time he walks by! And Tim has seen it too so I now know I am NOT crazy but I think that cow is!!! :) I think he is stalking me. Or maybe he thinks I am stalking him. Maybe he thinks, "why does this lady stop and stare at me everytime I walk by?" Hahaha...whether it's him or me, it's *really* odd! 

1 comment:

Montereymom said...

I would love to see a cow looking my way when I peer out the window. It would definitely be nicer than hearing or seeing the neighbors dog which is tiny but barks at 5 am for about 20 minutes and at 11pm the same. Besides the cow knows a great family and is just wishing it were yours....