Saturday, April 3, 2010

Transformation....


Only days ago the tree in our front yard displayed only a hint of green as buds formed in preparation for its springtime unveiling.

Then yesterday, when I looked out the front door, I let out an audible gasp when I saw the brilliant white of a flourishing tree. Oh it was beautiful! It went from a hint of green to a blizzard of white in a matter of days. What a wonderful transformation!

Springtime is such an awe-inspiring time of year, visually and spiritually. Visually we see signs of new life all around us. Each living thing is renewed. Spiritually it can be the same as we reflect on the events leading to the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. How fitting it is that blossoming new life surrounds our senses this time of year.

And speaking of transformation....Since my last post Tim indeed had his CT scan and we had such good news -- there have been no changes since his last scan in December! Just as "no news is good news", no changes is....WONDERFUL news! We are truly grateful for the blessings we have seen.

Last year at this time I came across a blog that I have since become a regular reader of. The first post I ever read was titled All We, Like Sheep and I was hooked. DeNae tells a story like no other and in this writing she tells of a trip that she and her family took to Peru in 2006 with a humanitarian group. In vivid detail she tells her story and in that same vivid detail she gives an analogy that will be a long remembered Easter message. It made me laugh and it made me cry.

Isaiah 53:6
"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

Happy Easter.

No comments: